Custom K Wire Manufacturing
K-Wire characteristics include:
- Graduated tapering points – customized to your taper angle
- Diamond – Single End and Double End
- Trocar – Single End and Double End
- Smooth Shaft – polished exterior to reduce trauma during insertion and removal
- Threaded or Fully Threaded Shaft
Thin, rigid stainless steel wires are used to manufacture Kirschner wires. Used in a variety of orthopedic and plastic surgery procedures, the primary purpose of a K wire is to hold bone fragments stable. By designing wire ends with a drillable tip (diamond or trocar), Kirschner wires can be inserted through skin and drilled through bones… without actual surgery.
K Wires are either Double-ended or Single-ended.
- Double-Ended K-Wires have either 2 Diamond ends or 2 Trocar ends.
- Single-Ended K-Wires have either 1 Diamond or 1 Trocar end with the opposite end Rounded.
Custom Wire Technologies specializes in the manufacture of CUSTOM KIRSCHNER WIRES and does not stock standard off-the-shelf Kirschner Wires for reselling. However, if you are looking for a specific modification beyond standard K Wire materials, gauges or designs, talk with our medical wire technical experts about prototypes or short-runs for your current specific needs.
NOTE: Standard K-Wires are NOT in stock because we specialize only in the manufacture of custom-designed Kirschner Wires.